Today, I’m responding to a listener named Ragul who wrote in asking about personality types and their role in dating and relationships.
In this episode, I discuss:
- Two different ways of looking at personality types
- My own personality type
- The place of personality typing in dating and relationships
- How to NOT use personality types for dating or relationships
- Whether or not your personality can change
- Why “just be yourself” is simultaneously the best and worst advice out there
- How to differentiate between your personality and limiting beliefs or anxieties
Here are a few references that might help you if you are curious about your personality type:
- Myers Briggs test (I just took this test after recording this, I’m an INFJ-A)
- Enneagram test (I also took this and I came out as a 1 with 3 close behind)
- Pace Smith (best expert I know on Enneagram personality types)
- Pace’s Enneagram podcast
Anyway, Ragul, I hope this answers your question about personality types.